Understory is located in Northcliffe – a small town in the heart of the Southern Forests & Valleys region within Western Australia.
The Understory trail is situated adjacent to the centre of Northcliffe and meanders through Northcliffe Forest Park. The Park is a conservation reserve.
Entry to understory is through the Northcliffe Visitor Centre located in the middle of town.
Northcliffe is approximately a 4 hour drive south of Perth. It is two hours west of Margaret River and 3 hours east of Albany.
TransWA operates a bus service between Northcliffe and Perth and Northcliffe and Albany six days a week.
Northcliffe is located on the Bibbulmun Track.
Northcliffe is located on the Munda Biddi Trail.
The Northcliffe Visitor & Information Centre has the following facilities:
- Visitor Information
- Tables & chairs for visitor use on the verandah
What to Bring
- We recommend covered shoes and a water bottle for you visit.
- On warm sunny days, wear a hat & sunscreen. Approximately half the trail is under the forest canopy so there is some protection from the sun.
- In wet weather, BYO raincoat and umbrella. [We do have a few umbrellas you can borrow if required].
- On days of strong winds/storm warnings the trail is closed to ensure visitor safety.