Southern Forest Arts is a community ‘not for profit’ arts & culture organisation. We are guided by core values that inform our vision and shape activity.
We inspire personal and collective flourishing in the various regional WA communities we serve by contributing to social, cultural & civic vibrancy, individual wellbeing, economic diversity, and connection to the natural environment through meaningful arts and cultural experiences.
Create connected and flourishing communities in the Southern Forests region of Western Australia and beyond.
- Appreciation – We practice appreciation and respect for people and planet
- Challenge – We champion the artist’s right to question, provoke and challenge. We look for opportunity in adversity.
- Collaboration – We believe in the power of collaboration to magnify our positive impact
- Connection – We connect people to the natural environment, culture, community, creativity, beauty, belonging, shared humanity and hope
- Courage – We have courage to be open to new ideas, take risks, and experiment
- Curiosity – We cherish curiosity as the doorway to imagination and innovation
- Diversity – We celebrate diversity and aim for inclusivity
- Empowerment – We empower individuals & groups to become their own agents of change
- Trust – We communicate with honesty, transparency reliability & respect; creating mutually beneficial relationships
- Evolution – We are always evolving
- Inspiration – We inspire reflection, expression, transformation
- Joy – We make space for joy and play
- Wonder – We understand the value of wonder to yield fresh perspective, give meaning and offer union to something larger than oneself
You can visit our website here to more learn about us and our current offerings.